Beliefs can be tragicTwittering because beliefs can lead to tragedy
September 6, 2009 - For me the saddest thing I've ever
seen reported was the mother who bought an expensive,
healthy fruit drink for her child, only to have the drink kill her
child because it was contaminated with e coli from having
been made with fruit that had fallen on the ground and come
in contact with animal feces.
What makes it so sad for me is that she tried so hard to do
the best for her child. She believed the drink was healthy
when in fact it was lethal.
From being inculcated with Catholicism from an early age, I
know that I believe many things that are neither true, nor
good for me to believe.
It is from this place, then, that I twittered the following about
health, health care, and tragic beliefs about what is healthy.
It's life's illusions I recall2. It's life's illusions I recall RT @Shaman777 listening to
"Joni Mitchell - Both Sides, Now" ♫ http://blip.fm/~cxli4
4. When we are taught to believe, then it's really hard to
break through to hear new information, away from the beliefs.
5. We listen only to what we want to hear, facts that aren't in
our desired belief system are all but silenced.
6. Another aspect of Obamacare that's seldom discussed is
presented by Deepak Chopra http re needless tests &
procedures (I wonder how pressured he was to remove the
video ~~ It's now gone)
Health Boundaries Bite
Do you have a
Unique View? SHARE it!
Create a Website ~~~
We believe in tests and procedures7. Needless tests & procedures are part of our belief
system~Even though many harm more than help, we believe
8. It isn't Christian Republicans alone who believe in needlss
tests & procedures~Changing this 1 belief would b HIGHLY
cost effective Obamacare
9. Re test costs: I had several B12 related tests through my
doc costing $66~A yr later I ordered them; b/c I called them in
they were $600+
10. That is a BIG difference in cost. And, that is apparently
the profit margin.
11. I refused to pay the entire increase. I don't use credit
anymore because if I did I could be made to pay way too
much for things.
12. I have accepted that I will have bad credit if I object to
unconscionable costs/profits. So, I don't use credit.
13. If you haven't watched the @Deepak_Chopra video about
needless tests & procedures and their costs, watch it now
http://alturl.com/n9nr (It appears Deepak removed the video)
Costly tests vs Listening to your body14. Costly tests in many cases cannot tell you more than you
can know by simply paying attention to your body
15. You can choose to use a costly test, or you can evaluate
common problems in relation to vitamins and minerals. For
16. Do u have numbness? 1 of many symptoms of low B12. U
can get Methylcobalamin, use it, & when numbness goes away
u KNOW low B12 was the prob.
17. B4 B12 tests were developed, doctors routinely prescribed
B12 shots, then if the low B12 symptoms went away, the doctor
diagnosed low B12
18. That was how it was done ~ So you can do that, you can
check a list of symptoms of low B12 ~ If you have symptoms,
use Methylcobalamin lozenges
Potency . . .19. Further, when new drugs are tested a lot of the drug is
used so as to see if it is effective. When tests on vitamins are
done, little is used
20. Vitamin C in small amounts is gd, but not nearly as effective
as when taken in larger doses for actual problems, like infection.
21. Similarly, taking a small amount of B12, say 1,000 mcg a
day (that's 1mg) is not going to do much to get rid of a very
22. Taking small amounts of vitamins is good when you aren't
eating a balanced diet.
23. Taking small amounts of vitamins to reverse serious
problems is silly ~ It's like dragging your foot out the door of
your car to stop it.
24. How much of a vitamin is good 4 you, is something you
need 2 discover ~ Asking your doc is costly & the doc may not
give you the right answer
Nerve damage vastly changed my life25. I'm writing this because damage to my nerves has vastly
changed my life. I used to be described as phlegmatic. I was
"cool" - but now...
26. Just working on legal things causes my nerves to revert
back 2 problems I had when I had tetanus ~ A central nervous
27. One reason US spends three times what Japan does per
person on health care is that we love tests, but the Japanese
live much longer.
28. If we could replace our love of tests, our belief in misguided
beliefs, with better knowledge of ourselves, we would have
29. Anyone looking @ the profit involved in healthcare cannot
avoid seeing that the present debate has much to do with
30. Billionaires for Wealthcare lobby the debate in the direction
best for them NOT us http://alturl.com/kha9
$126/mo on vitamins stops allergies, depression, numbness, infections31. I spend about $126/mo on vitamins~This investment stops
depression, numbness, allergies, infections. And that's before I
switched to Organic and vastly cut my costs. How much r u
paying 4 similar results?
32. RT @JonHutson @chaosfilms Obama organizers & donors
are telling @WhiteHouse 2 fight 4 #publicoption
33. My LONG series of tweets about health and health care
netted me one new follower who appears to be a REAL person.
34. It they r already bad, BComplex vitamins can't make them
go away~ If just starting, try it RT @Billy_Dickson Alergies... i
36. Well, time to check my brown rice. :-)
37. I just saw the not lrg lizard in my garden. It came right up to
me, I think b/c my Trello shoes are the same color blue as its
38. Really cute lizard!!!!
39. Solar heating water 2 do a wash~My non-toxic hose should
arrive this wk~That will b fun!~I was afraid the lizard was going
2 get on the hose
40. My hands itch since using the black hose with lead in its